Erm… Happy New Year even – obviously not in my right mind. And WOWOWOWOWOW has it really been this long since I last posted. Sorry folks, life has been totally crazy these last few months with my work having a rebrand and new product launch, me getting my tonsils ripped out and the usual joys, work, chaos and fun of December and, of course, Christmas!
And so we are now in the new decade – no-one seems to know what it will be called yet with the Teenies or the Tennies being the favourites right now. Of course, some argue that we are not yet in the new decade until next year but I’m just going to follow common consensus and go with this being the first year of the Deccies (hey, you never know what it’s gonna be called!)
I can’t help but be totally stunned by the last decade – it seemed to go by so quickly, only seems 5 minutes ago we were all celebrating the Millennium and the doomsayers were predicting that all the computers in the world were gonna destroy us all and take over the world (or something like that)
In fact, to summarise, the last decade saw:
- Me and Mrs H tying the knot in 2000 – so it’s the big 10 this year!
- The birth of our 2 lads and countless birthdays
- Me finally passing my driving test
- 3 jobs
- 1 house move
- The Hartleys getting together more regularly than ever
- Some really great family holidays
- 2 Formula One races, several touring car races and even some test days.
- All our kids going through playschool and into primary school – with the eldest now in year 8 at secondary school (year 2 to me and you!)
- Me falling away from God, then Him welcoming me back with a great big bear hug
- Mrs H and our Daughter getting baptised
- And so much more I can’t think right now!
This year alone is going to see big things happen, with big changes at work and a great family holiday with my parents and Uncy Roo – the last time we went away together was an amazing time and we all really enjoyed it. Cannot wait for it really!
I’ve also felt that this year is going to be a time of growth, change and challenge for us with God having so much for us. There is so much going on at KingsGate as well with there being a huge raft of world-class guest speakers coming in the next couple of months alone. In fact, with everything going on I just pray and hope that I am open to all the God has in store for us as a family and me as a person, father, friend and husband.
My prayer for anyone that reads this is that you will have a truly blessed year, with peace and prosperity and good health – and that you will come to know Gods love in new and exciting ways.?